Saturday, July 28, 2007
How Israel can be defeated without violence
How might the Palestinians achieve the setting up of a viable state, without the use of violence?
Here are some points to ponder:
1. Israel's defence industry has done well as a result of 9/11 and other acts of allegedly 'fake' terror. ( Vigorous but vulnerable ). So the Palestinians and their friends should avoid getting involved as patsies in false flag activities. Palestinians, and their friends, should learn to ignore the agents provocateurs within their ranks.
2. Acts of violence by Palestinians must be avoided, as they tend to be counter productive. Israel wants to portray the Palestinians as mad Moslems, so that Israel will continue to get the sympathy of the American public. The Palestinians should realise that the leaders who advocate violence may be working, wittingly or unwittingly, for the Israelis.
3. Israel relies heavily on its young, educated, multilingual technicians. Friends of the Palestinians should try to lure these people away to safe, well paid jobs outside Israel. Friends of the Palestinians should try to ensure that there is a boycott of the products of the Israeli tech industry.
4. Productivity in Israel's traditional industries is falling; Israel is becoming less competitive. ( Vigorous but vulnerable ). Palestinians can patiently wait while Israel weakens.
5. In Israel, the % of families below the poverty line has gone up from 17% in 1998 to 20% in 2007, while the proportion of poor children has risen from 23% to 35%. Some poor Jews might decide to leave Israel.
6. Israel relies on foreign workers to do much of the hard, low-paid work. The Palestinians and their friends need to try to politely persuade these workers to stay away from Israel.
7. Israel's Jewish population is around 5 million; the Israeli Arab population is just over 1 million. The total number of Palestinians (living in Israel, the West Bank, Gaza, Jordan, and elsewhere) is well over 9 million. The growth rate of the Israeli Arab population is 2.5%, while the growth rate of the Israeli Jewish population is 1.4%. The growth rate of the Israeli Arab population is slowing down (from 3.3% in 1999 to 2.5% in 2006). The Israeli Arab population needs to produce more children.
8. Israel receives billions of dollars from the USA each year. Since 1973, Israel has cost the United States about $1.6 trillion. That is more than $5,700 per American. (Economist tallies swelling cost of Israel to US csmonitor.com). The Palestinians and their friends should make more effort to persuade the USA to stop giving money to Israel. That means the Palestinians have to present a truly civilised image and not be provoked into stupid acts of violence.
9. Reportedly, the Israeli security services have made it their policy to create divisions among the Palestinians. Reportedly, many Palestinian organisations have been infiltrated. It would benefit the Palestinians if they became more united, by learning to ignore the extremists who may well be secretly working for Israel.
10. The Palestinians need to improve their levels of education, so that they are not so easily tricked and exploited.
Posted by Anon at 10:22 PM